Wandiligong Primary School offers an educational experience that is as special and unique as our beautiful environment. We offer a comprehensive curriculum that focuses on the personal and social capabilities of students in a school environment that fosters creativity, independence and high achievement.
What sets Wandiligong apart from other schools is the caring, community orientated students. I have the pleasure of regularly witnessing acts of kindness and compassion between students across the school. Our multi age classrooms and friendly playground environment foster friendships across year levels that push students to achieve personal success. Students have great models to look up to and relish in that responsibility as they strive to emulate the successful leaders that have gone before them.
Our classrooms are fun, engaging, supportive yet positively challenging. Teachers strive to link learning in the classroom with the lived experience of children and we draw on our bountiful local resources to engage and stimulate students.
I invite you to become part of our Wandiligong community and for your children to experience the joy of being a 'Wandi' kid.
Our school Council consists of parent and staff volunteers and collectively work towards the strategic improvement of our school. This group brings a diverse range of skills and experiences together.
School Council President
Our supportive and engaged parent community run a variety of events throughout the year to support the educational programs of the school.
Carer Day Stalls
Our famous annual Mother’s & Father's (or Caregiver's) Day stall held at the sells a variety of homemade goods all donated by the parent body.
Wandi X Trail Running Event
A challenging cross country race, this event was started by a committed group of parents. Well participated by staff, students and the wider community this popular event raises money that is directed towards an annual adventure day for our students.
Annual School Musical
As well as being a wonderful opportunity for the students to learn skills in the creative arts, the annual school musical raises money for the school community.
Wandi Nut Festival
The school runs several stalls at the annual Wandiligong Nut Festival selling baked goods and face painting.
Child Safe Standards
To create and maintain a child safe organisation, Wandiligong Primary School will be implementing, reviewing and improving each of the standards as below:
- Standard 1 – strategies to embed an organisational culture of child safety, including through effective leadership arrangements
- Standard 2 – Develop, implement and review a child safe policy or statement of commitment to child safety
- Standard 3 – Review current code of conduct so that it establishes clear expectations for appropriate behaviour with children
- Standard 4 – Implement appropriate screening, supervision, training and other human resources practices that reduce the risk of child abuse by new and existing personnel
- Standard 5 – Continue to develop and implement processes for responding to and reporting suspected child abuse in line with DET
- Standard 6 – Implement recommended strategies to identify and reduce or remove risks of child abuse
- Standard 7 – Further develop strategies to promote the participation and empowerment of children.
Department of Education policies can be viewed at the link below.
Wandiligong Primary School policies are currently being updated as part of an annual review and will be available here soon.